Thursday, January 24, 2013

Congratulations From Miss Darcy

Miss Dashwood and Miss Marianne Dashwood (aka Amy & Melody) at The P&P95 Forever Club are hosting a Congratulations Contest this week in honor of the 200th Anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. The challenge of the contest is to write a letter of congratulations to Jane Austen on the publication of Pride and Prejudice but write it as if you were a character from them Pride & Prejudice (1995) film. 

Words from Miss Georgiana Darcy popped into my hear and such a fun little challenge that I couldn't resist! 


P&P was published January 28th, 1813 in three volumes.


Pemberley, February 1813

My Dear Miss Austen,
My very kind brother came back from London this afternoon, where he had business, and has just this moment made me and Elizabeth a very pretty present of your latest novel. The three volumes are themselves very elegantly made and present a most tempting sight indeed. My sister and I are very much looking forward to reading Pride and Prejudice in it's entirety. We must thank you again for allowing us to read a few chapters when we met you in town this past summer. How Elizabeth laughed at the chapters concerning Mr. Collins, particularly the proposal he made her!  I confess to a good deal of curiosity to read how you have described my own self. Elizabeth assures me that you could have nothing but the highest praise for me, I am not so assured but trust to your capable hands.
I must draw this letter to a close as my sister and brother are quite anxious to beginning reading and we have promised to read it aloud to one another. We three send our warmest congratulations on the publication of your "dear child" and pray that Pride and Prejudice will prove as much of a success as you could yourself wish.

Kindest Regards,
Miss Georgiana Darcy

You can enter your own letter at The P&P95 Forever Club before Friday, January 25th.

Thank you Miss Dashwood and Miss Marianne for this delightful challenge! :)







3 comments:

Charity U said...

Fun letter! Alas, I can no longer see Emilia Fox aka Georgiana as merely Georgiana...I've finally started associating her with Morgause, quite a different character. :)

Ivy Miranda said...

Hello : )

I've been following your site for a while and I absolutely love it. Especially your movie reviews; I spent hours one night reading them!

~Ivy

Katelyn said...

Hello, my name is Katelyn. I found your blog through Austenitis. This was a fun letter to read. I love Jane Austen and was inspired to write my own letter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...